Thursday, July 2, 2009

Lots of Changes

So we found out yesterday that our babies moved to Addis Ababa to the foster home there. Once kids, placed through our agency, have been approved through court they move there and wait to be picked up by their parents. So ours did. We weren't sure when they would, but they hitched a ride into town. It was kind of bittersweet news. It means we are getting closer to picking them up, but it's hard to imagine their loss and the loss of the nannies who have cared for them their first 8 1/2 months.
This afternoon we were surprised to receive some more pictures of them in their new residence. And they have grown so much since our last update. We can tell from the pictures that they are into sitting up, playing, sleeping in their own cribs, pulling up and standing (for Moses) and the layered look. It gives me great peace to see them looking happy and healthy.
If all goes well and their birth certificates print out in the next 10 days, we will leave in 3 weeks to go get them. We are planning to stay a couple of days in London on our way over. Our last vacation without kiddos for a long time. I was a little resistant to the idea at first. I keep thinking as soon as I head to the airport all I'm going to want to do is be near my kids. But the closer it gets the more excited I am to spend a little time with Jon Ryan, enjoying each others company. We have been so blessed in our marriage, we genuinely love and enjoy each other. We can't wait to bring our kiddos into the mix.
Please pray that the birth certificates print out soon and for our little ones as they adjust to a new environment and nannies.










2 comments:

  1. It's good to see that they appear happy and healthy, and reaching for brightly-colored toys. I'm not sure what picture I have in my head for an orphanage in a third world country, but homes I have been inside in Uganda don't necessarily have floors much less carpet; this is better than I expected.

    It will be strange for them to be with a pair of white people they have never met, at first; it might actually be a good thing for them to experience separation from the nannies before the big change to new parents on a different continent.

    I'm looking forward to meeting them in person...

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful family! I'm glad you guys are taking a few days for yourselves before they get here. God bless you guys! We think of you often and pray for you. Love, Alicia Larson

    ReplyDelete